13. June 2014 09:19
To close out Magnetics Week 2014, the blog is featuring a special interview with Jason Russolese, Director of Global Sales and Marketing for API's Electromagnetics Integrated Solutions (EIS) product line.
What is unique about API Magnetics?
What differentiates us from the rest of the world is our ability to design high-end custom solutions that seem to be extremely challenging for our competitors. Our ability to solve our customers' problems and deliver to that promise is unmatched.
Are the products standard or custom built?
Both. We have a small offering of standard products, but most of our parts are custom.
What industries and applications can these products be applied to?
Power conversion, storage, and generation applications for the Military, Aerospace, Medical, and Industrial market spaces.
9. June 2014 09:51
When the average person thinks of magnetics, typically the image of souvenir refrigerator magnets comes to mind and not much else. But ask an electromagnetic engineer about them, and they will list a slew of applications, designs, and functions that would boggle that average person’s mind. API designs and manufactures a variety of transformers, inductors, chokes, and coils as well as custom application-specific solutions made to fulfill customer requirements. We supply these magnetics products to many of the world’s leading OEMs which serve a wide range of markets including military, aerospace, medical, telecom, and many others.
API’s extensive design and manufacturing capabilities are what truly sets us apart. We utilize more than two dozen magnetic core materials and winding wire from 6 to 45 gauge with many coatings, leads and terminations. We produce toroids ranging in size from 0.5” to 18” in diameter with up to 4,000 turns and accuracy to ± 1 turn, and we offer a wide variety of encapsulation and laminate options.
With all of the different magnetics products and solutions that API has to offer, it would take more than a few paragraphs in a blog post to illustrate them all. That’s why, in celebration of the newly updated and launched magnetics webpages, we are devoting an entire week to all things magnetics! Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+, and keep visiting this blog to learn about the depth and breadth of our magnetics products and solutions capabilities.
14. May 2014 15:05
For over 60 years, API's high-reliability products and solutions have supported military and defense programs throughout the world. Our extensive roster of Electromagnetic Integrated Solutions (EIS) products, which includes power filters and circular connectors, are routinely used in military aircraft in a variety of applications. As shown in this infographic, from Radar Systems to Jet Engine Igniters, API's EIS products can be found in all of the most critical aircraft systems, where high-reliability is paramount.
11. March 2014 09:55
At this year’s Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC), taking place March 17-19 at the Fort Worth Convention Center in Fort Worth, TX, API will be showcasing our Power Systems and Electromagnetic Integrated Solutions (EIS) product lines at booth #1133. With hundreds of exhibitors to visit, seminars to attend, and social events to check out, why should you take the time to stop by our booth? Here are some very compelling reasons why a trip to API’s booth should be on your APEC to-do list:
- The 380 VDC Rack Mount Power Strip. These energy efficient power strips have a slim 0U design which allows them to be mounted either vertically or horizontally, saving valuable rack space.
- Win a brand new iPad Air! Just leave your business card when you visit our booth and you'll be entered to win!
- EMI Filtering Products. These products help customers meet MIL-STD-461 requirements and include extensive signal and power integrity solutions, custom magnetics, and ceramic capacitors.
- API’s Subject Matter Experts. The Power and EIS teams will be on hand to talk product, functionality, and how we can provide the very best solution to fit your needs.
- Film Capacitors & DC Links. Designed to achieve maximum capacitance density under harsh operating conditions, API’s DC link capacitors are manufactured using segmented, self-healing metallized polypropylene and are ideal for power inverter applications that require superior life expectancy.
- Free blinking pens! Free pens are good, but free BLINKING pens are even better!
See you in Fort Worth!
14. January 2014 16:32
API's Electromagnetic Integrated Solutions (EIS) group is excited to continue adding to our family of products for the largest film capacitors customer in API company history! We have added 13 film capacitors part number configurations to our already extensive line and will support the strategic motor controls design for the Boeing 787 and Bombardier Q. Our Polypropylene DC Link capacitors are compact and have a cost effective design that works with the common 10 kW system, making it adaptable to other platforms as well. These applications are not new to API, but we are honored to be continually involved in providing specialty products to the commercial aerospace industry.
Learn more about API's extensive line of film capacitors or find a sales rep or distributor.
26. July 2013 09:49
API's Advanced Ceramics product line features Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) Capacitors, which are ideal for high energy density products found in both military and commercial markets.
- Mil-PRF-49470 Qualified, DSCC 87106 and custom products available
- Leaded parts safeguard against thermal and mechanical stresses
- Capacitance values to 0.01 μF to 47 μF
Our high speed Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) capacitors, when compared to other capacitive elements, have:
- Lower Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR)
- Lower Equivalent Series Inductance (ESL)
- Lower ripple voltage and less self heating
Learn more about API's Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) Capacitors