6. February 2015 09:24
AFCEA West 2015 starts on Tuesday, February 10th, and API will be exhibiting a range of products from our Power and Microwave lines. Here's a preview of what you can expect to see at booth #1943.
Tactical Power Supply (TPS) Solution. The TPS75, a 75 Amp COTS tactical power supply, supports power-hungry applications, such as RF and mobile networks, while eliminating the necessity for tactical vehicle-based power, significantly reducing TOC for military vehicles.
AC SMARTStart® 3-Phase Power Distribution Units. The 3 Phase AC SMARTStart provides power control and distribution for high powered applications. AC SMARTStarts are configurable devices with remotely managed power sequencing and fault management. Remote monitoring reduces the threat of downtime by avoiding unintended power interruptions.
Power Entry Panel (PEP). The Power Entry Panel (PEP) is a 10KW AC power panel with an automatic transfer switch made to seamlessly transfer from vehicle power to generator or community power. Designed for Command Post Platforms and other derivatives to distribute onboard vehicle power as well as shore power, the PEP ensures reliable power to critical communications and telemetry equipment with minimal downtime and optimal performance.
Power Amplifiers. API Technologies’ wide bandwidth and high reliability Power Amplifiers operate up to 26 GHz, with output levels from 500mW to 1Kw. Our Power Amplifier products support critical communication requirements for both commercial and military applications.
Wireless Communications Filters. API Technologies is a leading manufacturer of high performance filter products for the wireless telecom industry, with expertise in co-location solutions, wireless site development, spectrum clearing, and communication up-link / down-link systems.
If you are attending the show and would like to schedule a one-on-one meeting with a member of the API team, contact us.
5. February 2015 10:11
The AC SMARTStart® High Reliability (HR) Series is a tactical AC switched power distribution unit that offers a wide range of customizations based on customer needs. Options include input/output voltage, 120 VAC or 220 VAC configurations, single or 3 Ø design, 8 or 16 outlet configuration, protections for harsh environments or extreme weather conditions, as well as many other customizations. To facilitate the customization process, API has developed an AC SMARTStart® Customization Tool to allow customers to create a product tailored to their individual needs.
Create your own custom version of the Rugged AC SMARTStart®, see a product demo at booth #1943 at AFCEA West 2015, request a quote, or contact us.
4. February 2015 11:00
API's Rugged MIL-STD Power Entry Panels (PEP) distribute onboard vehicle power and shore power to Command Post Platforms and other derivatives, ensuring reliable power is sent to critical communications and telemetry equipment with minimal downtime and optimal performance. Designed to MIL-STD 810 standards, the rugged PEP is made to withstand brutal elements without sacrificing functionality, portability, or power. This unique combination of features makes the PEP an excellent solution for AC & DC shore and onboard power distribution.
- Ideal Input/Output (I/O) Power. Featuring both +24/28 VDC (5.6 kW) @ 200 Amps and 3 Phase AC (21.6 kW) @ 60 Amp per Phase I/O distribution capability, the power panel also includes a 3 Phase 60 Amp pass through connector interface to support additional forward operating base requirements.
- Built Rugged. The PEP was designed to withstand the harsh conditions often found in the field. It is operational from -46º C to 60 º C, and meets MIL-STD 810 standards for shock, vibration, rail impact, water tightness, and fungus, as well as MIL-STD 461E EMC requirements.
- SWaP-ped. The size, weight, and power consumption have all been reduced in this unit, all while enhancing functionality. Overall weight has been reduced by 22% (72 lbs. vs. 92 lbs.), and maximum specified volume has been reduced by 53% (1.27 ft³ vs. 2.7 ft³). These reductions allow for an easier installation, creates more space for new configurations, increases fuel savings, and adds to payload capacity.
- Fault Protected. The PEP is a reliable fault protected power distribution system capable of preventing damage to critical mission sensitive data & communication hardware in the shelter or tactical vehicles.
Learn more about the Rugged MIL-STD Power Entry Panel by visiting booth #1943 at AFCEA West 2015, request a quote, or contact us.
2. February 2015 08:39
At this year's AFCEA West, the premier conference and exposition for emerging systems, platforms, and technologies that impact US Navy Sea Service operations in the Asia-Pacific region, API's Power team will showcase our full line of power solutions. All this week on the API blog, we will be highlighting the full range of products and solutions that will be on display at booth #1943 February 10-12 at the San Diego Convention Center.
One of the many products highlighted is the TPS75 Tactical Power Supply. Specifically designed for use in the harsh environments often encountered by the military, the TPS75 is a 75 Amp commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) tactical power supply that provides critical power when it is needed the most. The TPS75 meets MIL-STD 810 and MIL-STD 461 standards, and eliminates the necessity for tactical vehicle-based power, significantly reducing the total cost of ownership for military vehicles. Powerful and portable, the TPS75 features an integrated battery charger designed to charge vehicle batteries, remote monitoring and control, an available roll cage, and watertight construction which allows it to be placed in harsh environments such as standing water, rain, and blowing sand.
By eliminating run time to support powering fielded special ops equipment, the TPS75 reduces fuel consumption and wear and tear on vehicles, and allows vehicles to be deployed elsewhere while the TPS75 distributes power to mission critical equipment from a generator or local shore/community power. The TPS75 is also significantly quieter than the loud vehicles that can be shut off while the TPS75 charges network equipment, making it an excellent solution for simulation and training environments.
Learn more about the TPS75 and see a demo at booth #1943 at AFCEA West 2015, request a quote, or contact us.
19. December 2014 10:24
Holiday gifts aren't the only things coming off the shelf this season! The TPS Collection by API Technologies is a portable Commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) solution designed for powering command & control communications systems and other critical EW & weapons equipment. The TPS features weatherproof & ruggedized construction which allows it to withstand extreme temperatures (-40°C to 85°C) and harsh environments including shock, vibration, and water spray. When fielded, the TPS reduces fuel consumption and wear and tear on vehicles by eliminating run time to support powering fielded special ops equipment.
Learn more about the Tactical Power Supply, contact us, or request a quote.
21. November 2014 08:30
API's award-winning Hawk-i™ Video Aiming Device was designed with safety and effectiveness in mind. The device uses a camera and rangefinder that mounts on a PAN barrel and adapts to any PAN Disrupter robotic platform, allowing the operator to remain at a safe distance from a target while still accurately firing. After a quick five minute system integration with no calibration required, crosshairs appear over a video image which is then relayed back to the control station through the robot's weapons port. The Hawk-i™ automatically adjusts crosshairs as the robot moves closer to the target, enabling faster action and decreasing the chances of a misfire due to human error.
This short video shows the Hawk-i™ in action as it quickly and accurately disrupts an explosive device in the trunk of a car, all while the operator remains at a safe, remote location. Learn more about the Hawk-i™ Video Aiming Device or contact us to get a quote.
18. November 2014 13:48
The US Navy recently announced that they have developed and successfully tested unmanned surface vehicles (USVs) also known as “swarm” boats. These autonomous vessels were designed to intercept enemy ships as well as to escort and protect naval assets, all while keeping sailors safe and costs down. Rather than putting the crews of several ships in harm’s way, a fleet of swarm boats can instead be used to engage with a threatening vessel and assess the situation. If weapons need to be used, a human sailor must then give the command, ensuring that the USVs do not accidentally or unintentionally fire.
Controlled by a new technology called CARACaS (Control Architecture for Robotic Agent Command and Sensing), portable kits can be installed onto most current naval boats, allowing them to either operate autonomously or be controlled by a remote operator. These systems will be outfitted with API Technologies’ DC SMARTStart® Power Distribution Unit (PDU), a DC solid state power controller for switched power with built-in circuit protection. The PDU allows the operator to remotely power up the vessel’s loads or shut them down when they are not in use to conserve battery life. The DC SmartStart also functions as a system reboot that can be used in case of a power disruption or system freeze.
The DC SmartStart’s technical specifications make it ideal for use in unmanned vessels, vehicles, and aircraft:
- Input Voltage: -48 or +24 VDC with 12 channels
- User configurable Solid State electronic circuit breaker technology
- Flash upgradeable in the field
- On-board SNMP agent
- Six month event log
Learn more about the DC SMARTStart® PDU, read our datasheet, or request a quote.
25. September 2014 11:58
Faced with growing demands from increasingly power-hungry, high tech devices, soldiers in the field often struggle to access the critical and reliable ower they need for these devices. API Technologies' TPS75, a 75 Amp commerical off-the-shelf (COTS) tactical power supply, provides these soldiers with the essential power and portability they need to satisfy mission requirements.
- Supports the heavy power demands of applications such as RF and mobile networks and eliminates the need for tactical, vehicle-based power
- Allows vehicles to be deployed elsewhere while it distributes power to mission critical equipment from a generator or local shore/community power
- Decreases fuel consumption and wear and tear on vehicles by eliminating run time to support powering fielded special ops equipment
- By using generators with the TPS75, loud vehicles are not necessary for powering network equipment and can be turned off, allowing soldiers to work in a quieter, and at times, safer, environment. This also makes the TPS75 perfect for simulation and training environments
- Rugged design makes it the first of its kind to offer an integrated vehicle battery charger with an available roll cage and watertight construction, allowing it to function in harsh environments such as standing water, rain, and blowing sand
- Reduces the overall cost of ownership of military vehicles
To learn more about API's TSP75, contact our Sales Team or Request a Quote.
11. March 2014 09:55
At this year’s Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC), taking place March 17-19 at the Fort Worth Convention Center in Fort Worth, TX, API will be showcasing our Power Systems and Electromagnetic Integrated Solutions (EIS) product lines at booth #1133. With hundreds of exhibitors to visit, seminars to attend, and social events to check out, why should you take the time to stop by our booth? Here are some very compelling reasons why a trip to API’s booth should be on your APEC to-do list:
- The 380 VDC Rack Mount Power Strip. These energy efficient power strips have a slim 0U design which allows them to be mounted either vertically or horizontally, saving valuable rack space.
- Win a brand new iPad Air! Just leave your business card when you visit our booth and you'll be entered to win!
- EMI Filtering Products. These products help customers meet MIL-STD-461 requirements and include extensive signal and power integrity solutions, custom magnetics, and ceramic capacitors.
- API’s Subject Matter Experts. The Power and EIS teams will be on hand to talk product, functionality, and how we can provide the very best solution to fit your needs.
- Film Capacitors & DC Links. Designed to achieve maximum capacitance density under harsh operating conditions, API’s DC link capacitors are manufactured using segmented, self-healing metallized polypropylene and are ideal for power inverter applications that require superior life expectancy.
- Free blinking pens! Free pens are good, but free BLINKING pens are even better!
See you in Fort Worth!
27. December 2013 12:05
This AC Power Master (ACPM) expands on the proven line of ACPMs and takes power to the next level. With its intelligent remote management and monitoring via LAN (Telnet, SNMP, Web Interface) and two temperature probes, you can be assured that all sensitive network equipment remains up and running.
The Multi-Featured Intelligent PDU features 3-Phase Input with Single and Three Phase Outputs and can remotely manage Outlet Sequencing, Outlet Switching ON/OFF, Multiple Alarm Limits, Network Configurations, and more.
- Overload Protection via Circuit Breakers
- Auto-Shut Down Capabilities (Over/Under Temp, Over/Under Voltage, Over/Under Current)
- Fault Condition Response with Override Switch
- Local EPO Switch (Emergency Power Off)